My colleagues are crazy over homemade ice-cream these days. It was to the extent that they attended the workshop organised by the trainer. I was told that the essential item you need to have is an ice-cream maker machine which costs around $88 and with that, you can make yummy and delicious ice-cream, sorbet, yogurt and gelato.
To tempt you more, I was told that the ice cream was so good that it is equivalent to those you eat at Hagan Das or Island Creamery, and best of all at an “affordable” price.
Here is a recipe of lemon & cream ice cream recipe from the website (www. dessertart.com.sg)
- 1 egg
- 65 g castor sugar
- 120 g milk
- 230 g cream (35% fat)
- Zest of one lemon
- 35g lemon juice
- Whisk the egg and sugar until thickened.
- Add cream and milk to the egg mixture and simmer over double boiler.
- Bring mixture to approx 85 deg C or until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Before plunging the hot mixture into an iced water bath, stir in fresh lemon zest and let stand the cooled mixture in the refrigerator for a further 2-4 hours.
- Add in the lemon juice into the chilled mixture.
- Churn the combined mixture in the Venetto Ice Cream maker until firm and spoon the ice cream in a container to let in set the freezer for a further 4 hours or overnight.
Happy Ice cream making ! Oh yes, before I forget, my colleagues said that their children’s friends were so amazed by them whipping out those yummy ice-cream that they are so “famous” amongst the kids’ friends now and their kids are so…. PROUD of them 😉 A good way of bonding with your kids? Maybe!